Thursday 26 July 2012

Advantage and Disadvantages of living near a volcano.

Advantages:

1) Volcanoes provide resources for energy extraction, also known as geothermal resources.  This involves heat from the earth's crust is being converted to energy. The big advantages to this type of energy are that it is very clean and the resources are nearly inexhaustible.

2) It will bring more tourism, and more tourism jobs available; this will bring more money in the local economy through: airport tickets, tourism guides/companies, hotels, restaurants and local showbiz companies eg. circus, dance shows etc.


3) More people will come to see the beautiful landscape made by the pyroclastic (molten   rocks) and mudflows, which harden overtime. They make great landscape for tourist to sightsee.

4) Though, the ash that comes and shadows over the crops and villages and destroys them, when mudflows hit the crops and farms (and not ash); eventually it becomes a better growth soil for the plants and farmland.


Disadvantages:


1) Transport and communication will be blocked; this will stop people getting out- or police and ambulance getting in, as the lava flows will cover and block the roads: communication with air patrol and outside help will be lost; as on the inside the roads are blocked for land transport. 


2) Crops ruined: when a cloud of ash overshadows the town/city, the cloud will collapse and


3) Sea - during a volcanic eruption earthquakes happen, and tsunamis may be created. Also, if it is a volcanic island, the island may be destroyed, and there is no escape.


4) Lava flow - these are very slow moving, but destructive as they cannot be stopped and they set fire to everything in their path.



5) Pyroclastic flow - these are impossible to outrun, travelling at about 300 km/h, and are extremely destructive


6) Mudflow/lahar - these are mud rivers that have the consistency of cement, and destroy everything in their path, including building



v breathtaking view of volcanoes attracts tourist

169 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. what did it help with your HIV :0

      Delete
    2. Helped with my homework as well. Thanks.

      Delete
    3. Same helped with my HWK

      Delete
    4. the only people that do homework are the only sucstssful people so... think again

      Delete
    5. Thx also helped alot on geography homework

      Delete
    6. thanks for the good information !

      Delete
    7. thanks for the good information !

      Delete
    8. Thanks for helping for my homework

      Delete
  2. thanks helped with my geog hw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. shut up stop being a bully maybe you should think about yourself not other people

      Delete
    2. Y U BULLY ME

      Delete
  3. thanks for the help with my project

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for help in geog essay

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks info is quite reliable, although u may want to organize them into more comprehensive point. because currently several similar points are listed separately

    ReplyDelete
  6. can u elaborate more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly will, firstly I was quite stoned while writing this article so i'm sorry if you didn't find it useful. Secondly when I wrote it, your mother kept stroking my empty testicular sack :P
      P.S. she stuck her ring finger in my anus to enhance the climax sensation :D

      Delete
    2. go away you big bully cause homework is good and if you don't do it u will live a bad life and you no every thing counts to have a good life a good jobs stop bullying and look at your own life

      Delete
  7. Where did you get the information ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. helped very well with geog project

    ReplyDelete
  9. this work made my testical's fall off. all I have left is skin with a few pubic hairs left. its an empty sack which has turned into a black whole. I have also acquired one giant breasts and it has one hair coming out of the nipple. it is very coool

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am the creator. I made this. I made you. bow down to the creator. suck my little toe with juices.
    P.S. volcanos are bithcin' cooool XD

    ReplyDelete
  11. this answer is very helpful thanks ask

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for helping. it really helped me in making a power point.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for helping me with my test.

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you so much that helped so much with all the detailed information

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks It helped me to do my Geography H.W

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks It helped me to do my Geography H.W

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks It helped me to do my Geography H.W

    ReplyDelete
  18. anyway tkss alot it really helped me out with my EOY exam

    ReplyDelete
  19. anyway tkss alot it really helped me out with my EOY exam

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks, I needed this for my homework and it says I need to write the disadvantages and advantages from living near a volcano

    ReplyDelete
  21. thanks you really helped with my daughters homework !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. thanks you really helped with my daughters homework !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This sort of helped with my science homework

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks, helped with Earth Science

    ReplyDelete
  25. thanks for the help! I can now complete my geography work!happy gal xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  27. BRACE UR MEMES

    THATS A NICE MEME XDDDDD

    ReplyDelete
  28. thanks helped very well in the geography project

    ReplyDelete
  29. Helped with our SW!!
    YAY

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks a bunch! Really helped me with an assignment!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Helped me with a major assignment

    ReplyDelete
  32. thanks alot it really helped me out for my weekly

    ReplyDelete
  33. BIG DICK WEINER STYLE

    ReplyDelete
  34. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Khalifa hassan why do you see thise page

    ReplyDelete
  36. Abdulrahman hassan why do you see thise page huh

    ReplyDelete
  37. helped a donzen with my stupid geography summer H.W

    ReplyDelete
  38. it was really helpful to me it helped in completing my homework as well as a good information !!!!!!!!!if any comments please reply on this mail rajbanthia100@gmail.com
    please

    ReplyDelete
  39. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I lost my mommy when I was a kid and then I found out I was an accident all that spunk wasted

    ReplyDelete
  41. That was someone else not me 😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  42. why everybody cuss its supposed to be for learning

    ReplyDelete
  43. this helped with my homework.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Information came in handy... Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  45. oh the memes. oof what even is this.😂😂👌

    ReplyDelete
  46. half of it doesn't make any freaking sense

    ReplyDelete
  47. this poop is tasty and it really want to piss on me

    ReplyDelete
  48. tgrebffgbgfnmykjl.k,nhyrg fvefqrrvny6umuvrcfefvr6h789o098674tr3grnhn b dfrb,.lolop;'[lujmyhjtgrfevertnm,./"?.,imynthbrefwdqs

    ReplyDelete
  49. Jenkskaoakend
    My name is Freya

    ReplyDelete
  50. it was relly helpfu thanks a lot relly helped me on my work

    ReplyDelete
  51. Thank uu! Helped me w my Geography Hw !! Tnxx!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Wow! this helped me too with my homework! I left it quite late and this saved me!

    ReplyDelete
  53. that is inappropriate. Please do not say things like that

    ReplyDelete
  54. NNNNOOOOOOO DDDDDDDDUUUUUUUUUU RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

    ReplyDelete
  55. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOooOOOOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooOoOoOooooooOOOOOOOOoooOoooooo durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  56. NNBNNNNNNNNNNoOOOOOOoOOooooooOOOOoo DDDDDDDdddDDDddUuUUuuuuUUUuuuuuuRRRRRRRrrrrrRRRrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  57. SSSSHHHHUUUUUTTTTTTT UUUUUUPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete